Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chapter 8

In chapter 8 I found the apologies and politeness sections really struck me but I’m going with talking about politeness because I don’t think enough people are these days. I do think that people are far more likely to be polite to people in power because they believe they can get something out of them or think it will get them to their goal of whatever that may be. However, I don’t agree that we don’t have to be polite among our closest friends vs. strangers. To some extent we need to keep in mind to be polite to our closest friends as well as strangers. I liked the examples of the wedding because they gave good incites on how to the phrasing of something can still sound polite even when you are essentially kicking people out of the wrong table.

No comments: