Saturday, June 14, 2008

chapter 14

I found this chapter to be very interesting and scary at the same time. LOL. Evaluting myself is something I never really like having to face and it’s always scary to find new things about yourself. I found that I fit in bother areas of high and low self motioning just depending on the situation. . In conversations I am a high self monitor. I always am more into having people talk about themselves than me talk about myself. I like to know about people and usually find people very interesting. In terms of the view of friendship I am a low self monitor.
I do also find that I have aspects of the loneliness in me. I rarely introduce myself to anyone at all in life. I am usually the girl at the party who is actually having fun but you often would never know it because like the guy sitting on the couch that is me but I enjoy people watching. Often I find my loneliness tends to come from my own perceptions as discussed in previous chapter of how I see people or myself in there eyes, so often I don’t bother. However, I do feel I am lucky in that I only have situational loneliness and chronic. Like for instance, my take on school. For a long time in college it didn’t bother me that I didn’t know anyone in school. However, when I told my friends or family about this, they found it odd. But for me, I felt, I am a transfer student, only there a few hours coming from another city and so I didn’t have time for friends at school. However, now, having made some, it’s not so bad after all.

No comments: