Friday, July 4, 2008

Chapter 15

Within Chapter 15, I found that I could relate to and understand the turning points in family relationships best. We all go through so many turning points with parents. Some we all experience and others we do not. I remember that open moving out to attend college at San Francisco State, some years back that I did in fact have less and less contact with my parents. I remember just trying to come into my own from being out on my own (per say). I think I just felt that I need to enjoy my time away and fend for myself, as much as I could considering my parents were paying for my education and apartment, I still felt that I needed to be an independent. I worked and went to school both in San Francisco so I didn’t feel there was any real need to come home. Of course that was until my time of crisis with some strange roommates and then I found myself coming back home more often for/to depend on that close connection and bond with both my parents. I am thankful that I do feel that my parents have come into our own in the third turning point of communication. I have yet since moved back home from days of going to SF state and now being at SJ state, I have found that my parents do include me on more decisions around the house. I also do appreciate the fact that as they get older and things need to be taken care of and prepared for as they get older they include me and my sibling in their decisions and inform us of all their wishes. Of course the aging of my parents and taking care of things that will need to be taken care of is not something I look forward too, but then again, I don’t think anyone does.

No comments: